Please note that these rules are subject to change at any time at the committees discretion. Any incident that may not be covered within these rules will result in a committee meeting on what action we will take.
1. All players must be registered and membership fees paid before they play in any team (proof may be required).
1.1 Any player who is NOT registered with Wimbledon little league is ineligible and can NOT play and will not be covered by Wimbledon little league insurance policy.
1.2 Any team playing a ineligible player for whatever reason known or unknown to them will lose all points for the games the player played in, plus 2 extra points will be deducted as well.
2. The back pass rule applies to all leagues EXCEPT Wimbledon 4 who can pass the ball back to the goalkeeper (u6 and u7 only).
2.1 All players must wear the correct kit. The shirts will be provided by Wimbledon Little League and black shorts and socks will be purchased by the player.
2.2 Any player not wearing the correct kit, including shin pads and boots, may NOT be allowed to play.
2.3 Players may wear tee shirts under their team shirts but no other tops will be allowed, i.e. no hoodies.
3. No player will be allowed to play twice in one given match day (except for Cup games).
3.1 No play will be allowed to play in a cast.
3.2 No player will be allowed to play wearing any jewellery (earrings, rings, watches) etc.
4. Any player sent off will receive a minimum of a one match ban. This ban may be extended due to the nature of the offence and a committee hearing will decide any further extension to the ban.
4.1 Any player who is off more than once in the same season will be subject to a committee hearing to decide on the appropriate action to be taken.
4.2 Any player who is cautioned in a game will receive half a match ban in their next game (if in league it will stay in the league if in cup will stay in the cup).
4.3 Any player who is cautioned more than twice in any one season will result in a automatic one match ban.Further cautions after this will be referred to a committee hearing to decide on any further action to be taken.
4.4 A banned player becomes an ineligible player and therefore rule 1.2 will apply.
5. Teams will forfeit the match (lose the game) if they do not have enough players for the game. Wimbledon 1 and 2 games must be played with no less than 2 player difference i.e.11vs9, 10vs8 etc at the start of the game (if a player of the team with 2 less players gets sent of the game can continue with 3 less players but no more).
Wimbledon 3 games must be played with no less than 1 player difference i.e. 9vs8 or 8vs7 BUT not 9vs7 no team can play with less than 7 players. Wimbledon 4 games must be played with no less than 1 player difference, i.e. 6vs5 no team can play with less than 5 players. Wimbledon girls games must be played with no less than 1 player difference as the teams stand in the 2010 to 2011 season.If to any of the above in section 5 will result in the team without enough players will forfeit the match and a score of 2-0 will be recorded, If both teams cannot field a team the score of 2-2 will be recorded.
5.1 The above rule (5)do not apply at school half term holidays (February and October ).In this situation, if a team knows they will not have the least amount of players required for the school half term matches, then they must inform the league secretary by 22:00 hours on the Wednesday before there match is due to be played this will allow the game to be re-scheduled for a later date if necessary. Failure to do this will mean rule 5 are brought into action.
5.2 All matches in Wimbledon 1 and 2 MUST kick off no later than 15 minutes after the k.o time. Wimbledon 3 and 4 must kick off no later than 10 minutes after the k.o time. If you do you will forfeit the match and a 2-0 win will be awarded to the team ready to play. This rule applies to all Wimbledon little league competitions.
5.3 As soon as a team has the minimum amount of players, the game must start.
5.4 In the event both teams not being ready to play within their kick off times, a 2-2 draw will be recorded.
6. ALL cup matches played in a league basis format must be played and cannot be cancelled for any reason, other than weather conditions.
6.1 Only cup in the knockout stages may be called off if any team cannot field enough players, but rule 5 -5.3 will apply and will be upheld.
6.2 A manager may only call a knockout cup match off once in each knockout round, there after once a new date is set the match MUST be played regardless unless weather conditions stops play.
7. Wimbledon 1,2 and girls league fixtures are required to play 25 minutes each way. Wimbledon 3 and 4 league and cup fixtures are required to play 20 minutes each way.
7.1 In some cases Wimbledon 1, 2 and girls may have to play double header games in order to complete the fixture list within the time required. This will mean that 2 fixtures will be played against the same team on the same day and will consist of two games with two halves of 15 minutes each way.
7.2 Cup group matches in Wimbledon 1 and 2 will be played on a league basic with teams split into two groups of three. The top from group a will play the team who finished second in group b and the top of group b will play the team that finished in second place in group a. The winners from the two semi finals will play in the final. All group stage matches will be played in two halves consisting of 15 minutes each half. The semi finals will consist of 25 minutes each way. If the game is level at full time extra time will be played of 7 minutes each way. If the score is still level at the end of extra time, penalties will be taken.
7.3 Cup group matches in Wimbledon 3 and 4 will be played on a league basis with teams split into two groups of four. Top team in group a will play the team who finished second in group b and the top team in group b will play the team in second place in group a. The winners of the 2 semi finals will play in the Final. For the Plate cup the team that finishes third in group a will play the team that finished 4 in group b and the team that finished 3 in group b will play the team that finished fourth in group a. If a game is level at full time, extra time will be played of 5 minutes each way. If the scores is still level after extra time penalties will be taken. All matches will be 20 minutes each half.
7.4 Cup matches in Wimbledon girls league will be played on a league basis; all matches will be two halves of 15 minutes each half. The top two from the group will play in a final. The final will be 25 minutes each way. If the game is level extra time will be played at 7 minutes each way if the score is still level then penalties will be taken.
7.5 In order to complete the fixture list within the required time limit, some games may have to be played on weekday evenings. These games will take place once the clocks have been put forward one hour around the end of March.
8. Substitutes in Wimbledon 1 and 2 will be made at half time (no roll on roll off). Substitutes in Wimbledon 3 and 4 and girls will be roll on roll off. Each player playing at least half a game or made at half time. Any player who is not getting a fair amount of playing time because of his/her ability or age will be subject to disciplinary action from the committee.
8.1 If a player is injured and cannot continue playing they can be replaced by a player that has already played in the game.
9. Teams that lose a player MUST inform the league secretary as soon as possible before that player can be replaced.
9.1 Managers from all leagues must take new players from the reserve list 1st and will be of the same age group as the player that left. All new players must fill a registration form in before they can play and in some cases a player might have to verify their age 1st. Only when there are no players left on the reserve list can a manager bring a player in from the outside of the league and this will be on the decision of the league secretary only.
9.2 No player can pick the team they want to play for at any time of the season.
9.3 No player may switch from one team to another in the same season.
9.4 No player from the trials can be used in a team until the selection meeting has taken place.
10. Squads will consist of the following:
- Wimbledon 1 – 16 players maximum (11 a-side) ages 12 and 13 only
- Wimbledon 2 – 16 players maximum (11 a-side) ages 10 and 11 only
- Wimbledon 3 – 14 players maximum (9 a-side ) ages 8 and 9 only
- Wimbledon 4 – 10 players maximum (6 a-side ) ages 6 and 7 only
- Wimbledon girls 8 players maximum (7 a-side ) ages 10 /11/12/13 this is subject to change at the end of every season as this league is always changing.
10.1 All teams MUST keep a full squad at all times. If a player does not play for 3 weeks and does not phone the manager of their team with a reason for not playing they can be replaced. If a player does not turn up for 5 matches in one half of the season the manager must tell the league secretary and a Committee meeting will be called and then the manager will be informed if this player can be replaced or not.
11. Any player that leaves their team will be giving up there registration for that season. Therefore they will not be permitted to play again for any team in that season.
11.1 Any player wishing to rejoin Wimbledon little league will need to retrial the following season if they are not too old.
11.2 If any player does not come to any trial they must contact the league secretary if they wish to play in the coming season.
12. At the selection meeting, a manager has the right to their son or daughter in team if they wish. They may also wish to choose other relations if other managers In that league agree. To pick one of the above will result in one of you picks taken away this will decided by the league secretary.
13. Any player from Wimbledon 2 and 3 and 4 who does not attend the trials at the end of the season will not be placed on the trial list unless the league secretary is informed by the parents and a valid excuse is given. In this instance Wimbledon little league will not promise a place in a team for the coming season.